Thursday, July 4, 2013

The Darkness




Stuck in the darkness
searching for some light.
Hoping you'll guide me
through my recent plight.
Praying you'll save me
and all will be alright.
Is it so wrong of me
to only seek you at night?
To be fine in the calm
but flustered in the fight?

I just want your light;
I just need your light.
It's so dark at night.

Been wandering too long
in search of your soul.
This journey called life
has taken its toll.
The fee has been steep;
my pocket has a hole.
Why do I feel half
when I should feel whole?
Am I really missing much?
What is it you stole?

Keep searching for your soul;
I just need to find your soul.
It's so hard to feel whole.

I keep on shouting.
I'm screaming your name.
The darkness drowns me
and the light never came.
I hear no echo, echo.
My shouting is in vain.
Is this where I am now?
Am I never to be the same?
Still seeking the light;
isn't that quite a shame?

I keep shouting your name;
I keep screaming your name.
But you never came.

No comments:

Post a Comment