Friday, June 14, 2013

The Choice We Choose to Complicate

Weight of the world on my shoulders.
Chest clutching; breaths are harder.
Is this how it feels to get a little older?
Uncertainty creeps around every corner,
but it's time now to get a little bolder.

Thoughts keep racing through my brain
then others add their own two cents.
And all I want is to try and stay sane
while projecting the saneness to you,
but with influences it's hard to maintain.

I want to do right every single time.
When I trip I feel like I must've failed.
It's hard to remember mistakes are fine
so long as I learn from their lessons
and realize that these mistakes are mine.

Life is no storybook; the ending's unclear,
but it's up to you to keep trying. For you'll
never know success unless you persevere.
It's a simple choice we choose to complicate:

Happiness or for our failures a constant tear

No comments:

Post a Comment