Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Mouth Sealed, Never Healed


I think I may miss you
without knowing you at all.
Your smile pierced my soul
and I knew then I'd fall.

I don't even know you
but yet your aura shines.
You could brighten my darkness
if you'd only take the time.

Maybe if I took the time,
I could make you all mine.
But wait, darling, I don't
want to make you all mine.
I don't want to possess you,
take your liberty, and confine.
I just want our spirits to intertwine.

But I let you walk away moments
after you smiled my way.
Now I can't help but think
about you with each new day.
And it's my fault I miss you,
I kept my mouth sealed.
Now this wound I'm left with,
this achy desire,
may never be healed.

I miss you.
But I don't know you.
But I want to.
Forever more.

No comments:

Post a Comment