Monday, May 13, 2013

In a Burning Room, We Danced

It's a slow dance.
We've been doing it for some time.
You sway and I turn,
But we can't move while intertwined
And it burns me inside.

Music moves our feet
While our hearts stand still.
This dance can't end,
But we must dig deep to find the will;
We lost the thrill.

We have it all;
That's what we used to say.
Now my two left feet
Keep getting in the way
And the room crumbles.

In this dance
I hope that I can implore you
To move closer
And see how much I adore you.
I can't ignore you.

But I can't ignore
the smoke from the flame.
It saddens me
That this dance won't be the same.
We are doomed.

You spin out
and don't spin back to me.
This beautiful dance
has turned to a catastrophe.
How can it be?

We are going down
and there is no stopping now.
In a burning room,
we danced to the wrong vow;
Now take a bow.



No comments:

Post a Comment